Every single year, it is a tradition that I have to complete the end of year book survey created by The Perpetual Page Turner so I obviously had to do it this year. It’s one of the most perfect ways to summarise my reading and blogging year.
Number Of Books You Read: 164
Number of Re-Reads: 14
Genre You Read The Most From: Romance (Adult and Contemporary)
1. Best Book You Read In 2019?
Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo – why did I wait so long?!
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
99 Percent Mine by Sally Thorne
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
American Royals by Katharine McGee and Starry Eyes by Jenn Bennett.
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
The Cruel Prince
5. Best series you started in 2019? Best Sequel of 2019? Best Series Ender of 2019?
Started: American Royals
Sequel: Crooked Kingdom
Series Ender: Song of Sorrow
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2019?
Seanan McGuire, Katharine McGee, Leigh Bardugo, Holly Black, Meredith Russo
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
It’s Not About The Burqa – not a big fan of non-fiction essay collections but this one is perfect.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
American Royals (I won’t stop talking about it)
9. Book You Read In 2019 That You Would Be MOST Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Starry Eyes by Jenn Bennett because I mainly re-read romance books.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2019
Beneath The Sugar Sky by Seanan McGuire
11. Most memorable character of 2019
Evelyn Hugo – an iconic queen
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2019?
The Little Prince
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2019?
Birthday by Meredith Russo
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2019 to finally read?
SIX OF CROWS!
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2019?
My favourite is still from my re-read of the Infernal Devices – ‘one must be careful of books and what is inside them for words have the power to change us.’
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2019?
Shortest: Fence #1 by C.S. Pascat
Longest: City of Lost Souls (re-read) by Cassandra Clare
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
The Wicked King by Holly Black – WHAT A PLOT TWIST.
18. OTP OF THE YEAR
Nick and Charlie from Heartstopper by Alice Oseman
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
The Dregs from Six of Crows…
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2019 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
Starry Eyes by Jenn Bennett!
21. Best Book You Read In 2019 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure/Bookstagram, Etc.:
Loveboat, Taipei by Abigail Hing Wen – I wouldn’t have picked this up if it wasn’t for the Simon and Schuster blogger event.
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2019?
23. Best 2019 debut you read?
The Paper and Hearts Society by Lucy Powrie
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year
Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2018?
The closest was And The Stars Were Burning Brightly by Danielle Jawando
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
Allegedly by Tiffany D Jackson – no one ever talks about it and I’ve owned it for years but never picked it up before.
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2019
Every Heart A Doorway.
1. New favorite book blog/Bookstagram/Youtube channel you discovered in 2019?
Chelsea Dolling Reads!
2. Favorite post you wrote in 2019?
I’ve really enjoyed doing any type of mini review wrap ups because it’s my favourite way to review books.
3. Best bookish event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, etc.)?
I mean it has got to be YALC right? I can’t wait to go back next year.
4. Best moment of blogging life in 2019
Being nominated for Champion of Diversity at the UKYA Blogger Awards and being a part of the panel at YALC about blogging.
5. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
Reading and blogging whilst in my final year of uni and holding down a part time job.
6. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
It’s still my State of Sorrow review which is getting an insane number of views for some reason!
7. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
Most of them…
8. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I smashed my Goodreads goal of 52 books by quite a lot.
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2019 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2020?
Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo is the first to come to mind…
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2020 (non-debut)?
CHAIN OF GOLD BY CASSANDRA CLARE.
3. 2020 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
Tweet Cute by Emma Lord
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2020?
The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins because who would have thought 2020 would be the year we get a Hunger Games prequel.
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2020?
Actually blog whilst surviving final year of university.
6. A 2020 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone (if applicable):
Loveboat, Taipei by Abigail Hing Wen!
That’s my 2019 reading survey. What was your reading year like? Let me know down below.