Last year, I did the end of 2014 book survey created by Perpetual Page Turner and I loved it a lot so I’m here again this year to do it with my 2015 stats and reads instead.
Number Of Books You Read: 101
Number of Re-Reads: About 5 I’d say? Not many this year.
Genre You Read The Most From: Probably UKYA to be perfectly honest.
1. Best Book You Read In 2015?
The Sin Eater’s Daughter by Melinda Salisbury for sure.
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Me and Earl and The Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews because I was convinced that I would love it but unfortunately I didn’t.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read in 2015?
Definitely A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini because I didn’t think I’d love it as much as I did!
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did) In 2015?
Probably The Sin Eater’s Daughter by Melinda Salisbury because I constantly tweeted about that book.
5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?
The best series I started was probably the Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard series by Rick Riordan. The best sequel would be Beyond The Kingdoms by Chris Colfer and the best series ender would have to be The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead.
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?
I’m going to go with Khaled Hosseini because that writing was stunning.
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
I will have to go with A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini again because it is not in a genre that I would normally read.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
The Sin Eater’s Daughter again….
9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Probably One by Sarah Crossan
10. Favourite cover of a book you read in 2015?
11. Most memorable character of 2015?
Definitely Harriet Manners from Geek Girl
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?
All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven for sure.
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?
Am I Normal Yet? by Holly Bourne
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?
The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?
‘ I learned that there is good in this world, if you look hard enough for it. I learned that not everyone is disappointing, including me, and that a 1,257 foot bump in the ground can feel higher than a bell tower if you’re standing next to the right person.’ – All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?
The longest was definitely Queen of Shadows by Sarah J Maas and the shortest was probably one of the many novellas that I read.
17. Book That Shocked You The Most(Because of a plot twist, character death, left you hanging with your mouth wide open, etc.)
Definitely The Sin Eater’s Daughter, every page had a plot twist!
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Baz and Simon from Carry On, for sure!
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Simon and George from the Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy novella series.
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
21. Best Book You Read In 2015 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
Definitely Night School by CJ Daugherty because Sally from The Dark Dictator pressured me into reading it!
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?
Baz from Carry On by Rainbow Rowell.
23. Best 2015 debut you read?
The Sin Eater’s Daughter(do you see a pattern emerging?)
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas for sure
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
The whole of the Geek Girl series by Holly Smale for sure.
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?
All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
Seven Days by Eve Ainsworth
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
One by Sarah Crossan
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?
The Next Together by Lauren James
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
The Heir by Kiera Cass
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?
Probably Tales of Yesterday!
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?
I don’t know probably my review of The Sin Eater’s Daughter but I don’t really look back at my reviews!
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
Hmm.. probably The One Where Sofia Discusses Her Love For Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham.
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
Definitely attending YAShot in October!
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?
Making a lot of friends on Twitter and meeting them in real life!
6. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
It’s actually Top Ten Books For People Who Like YA Romance.
7. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
I don’t know… probably the series ‘The One Where Sofia Discusses Her Love For…’ because those are some of my favourites to write.
8. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
9. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I made separate posts about this but I did some but not a lot of them!
10. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
Keeping motivated to read or blog…
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016?
The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)?
The Sleeping Prince by Melinda Salisbury!
3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
Underwater by Marissa Reichardt
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016?
The Sleeping Prince by Melinda Salisbury…
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016?
I’m not sure… just expand it really?
6. A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
Beautiful Broken Things by Sara Barnard
So that’s my 2015 Bookish End of Year Survey! You guys should do it, it’s a lot of fun.