Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.
This week we have to make a list of things we like or don’t like about romances in books so I’ve decided to make a list of 5 things I like and 5 things I don’t like just to make it even.
Let’s start off with the 5 things I do like about romances in books:
1. They make me feel all happy inside
I love romance scenes due to the fact that they make me smile because of how happy the characters are.
2. They can be a happy escape from all the action
Sometimes you need a break from the action!
3. The scenes are usually adorable
Most romance scenes are just so cute that I end up squealing slightly.
4. They make me fall in love with the characters more
If a male fictional character does something great for his love interest, I will most likely fall in love with him.
5. They show you a different side to the characters
Characters are usually quite different when they are in love and they act differently and it’s nice to read about.
Now onto the things I don’t like about romances in books:
1. They can often be quite insta-lovey
I don’t like this whole idea of love at first sight because I think it’s a lie and sometimes books have a case of insta love which I don’t like.
2. The scenes are often unbelievable
Some of the romance scenes are often cheesy and completely unbelievable so I don’t like that because it doesn’t feel real to me.
3. The scenes can be placed at the worst times
Sometimes romance scenes occur during a battle and I don’t like that because I just want to know what’s happening in the battle!
4. The characters could do stupid things because of their lovers
When characters are in love, they will often do stupid and reckless things and this drives me crazy!
5. The worst couples can sometimes get together!
Sometimes in books, the worst couples get together and I have to sit through romance scenes between a couple I hate!
That’s it for this week’s top ten Tuesday. Let me know what some of your favourite and least favourite things are about romances in books down in the comments.